Future Vision Project and Reflection


There have been many learnings from this course, but the most prominent one is a revisit of the constructivist theory of learning, where the learner learns by creating or constructing knowledge from their experiences.  This theory of learning made me reconsider my own philosophy of teaching, especially at this point in time with the new changes to the curriculum. As I progressed through this course, and I actively practiced the constructivist approach, by learning how to create a blog and trying to figure out the technological aspect associated with my future vision project; it made sense to me that this style of teaching aligns well with the current changes in the curriculum. Choosing the e-portfolio as my future vision project seem timely as many teachers in my school are engaging their students in inquiry-based learning.  I think e-portfolios would support inquiry-based learning well.  I intend to use this e-portfolio outline with my grade 8 students next semester, so what I have created is very specific to them and my learning community. 

The process of creating my future vision project was at times frustrating, especially when confronted by a technological issue, but once the issue was resolved or I figured out how to do something, there was great satisfaction and a belief in my technological abilities grew a bit more.  Another challenge, I had with this project was finding age-appropriate examples of the e-portfolio contents, i.e. examples of the Introduction portion of the e-portfolio.  Many of the search results for this were very specific to a career and geared towards post-secondary students and not so much for high school students.  Since I will be implementing this with my students next semester, I will continue to search for more relevant, age-appropriate examples of the various components in the e-portfolio. However, I like the sense of control I had in my learning. I also like reflecting on my learning process and receiving feedback from my peers.  Overall, the class was enjoyable. Many learnings, too many to cover here, have come from it.  

Here is the link to my future vision project:
https://sites.google.com/deltalearns.ca/highschool-e-portfolio

Comments

  1. Thanks for the utube video you included this was very helpful and now I can see how it works to create a e portfolio. Your headings were useful to and provided an overall view of the student. I bookmarked it for sure and with so much work done online it makes sense!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fostering Cultural Change in Schools with ICT

Future Vision Blog #2:Learner Consideration

Fostering a Reading Culture in Schools