Reading Review: Part A


Reading Review- Part A


I had decide on Digital Literacy as a topic to focus on as it is an area where I felt I am quite weak in.  As I continued to read and research more I came across another topic that is of much more interest to me, PLN or personal learning network.   I am interested in PLN because there is tremendous potential for collaboration, learning and connecting with other teachers and other professionals in the Education field using social media. Hopefully this will help me to strengthen my digital literacy skills in the process, keep up with the current teaching trends in education, as well as become a more effective teacher as I begin to bring in and use more technology in the classroom. 



As a Learning Assistant teacher, I am interested in developing some short 20-30 minute technology based lesson at the beginning of each Learning Assistant class. I am thinking along the lines of Apps or web tools that students can use to help themselves with their learning.  Such as some sort of organization tool, or an App or tool that allow options for students to present or showcase their learning based on their learning style and strengths.  It is also an opportunity for both the students and myself to just try out some new interactive App that we have not been exposed to yet. I would like to try out some of these tools, in the list below, with my class throughout the year. https://teacherchallenge.edublogs.org/free-tools-challenge/

The other idea I have and will try to implement this school year is to teach students how to create and maintain their own e-portfolio. Considering the type of students and their abilities, I think this would be a project that is feasible; the task is challenging enough but not unattainable for my particular group of students.  I’m not sure how the teaching plan is going to look at this point but I guess that is where the PLN network comes into play, where I will be reaching out and asking for support with this task.

There so much I am interested in and wanting to learn more about, aside from PLN I am also interested in online publishing and 21st century skills.



References

E. Alverson, My Personal Learning Network

https://teacherchallenge.edublogs.org/free-tools-challenge/

Popular posts from this blog

Fostering Cultural Change in Schools with ICT

Future Vision Blog #2:Learner Consideration

Fostering a Reading Culture in Schools